leaderboardad

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bottle Gourd Halwa/Anapakaya halwa


My 9th month old kid loves halwa. I seldom make it for him as I avoid feeding him too much sugar :). So today's special is anapakaya halwa.
INGREDIENTS :-
Bottle gourd pieces (whipped) :- 2 cups
Milk / khoya/kova :- 1 cup
Water :- as necessary
Dry fruits :- anything as you like
Ghee :- 1 tablespoon
Ilaichi :- 1/2 teaspoon
Food color :- a pinch (optional I didn't add any since I was making it for my kid)
Sugar :- as required (Sweetness varies according to taste, generally 1 tablespoon would do)
METHOD :-
  1. Take a pan add ghee and heat it till it melts and add crushed ilaichi and fry it for a minute. Add all the dry fruits and fry for a minute or two.
  2. Add whipped bottle gourd pieces and khoya. Fry them for 2-3 minutes .
  3. Add water if necessary and close the lid.
  4. Allow it to boil until bottle gourd becomes soft.
  5. Add sugar and mix well . Close the lid and cook again until sugar melts and mixes well .
  6. Simmer for 3-4 minutes and Serve hot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment