leaderboardad

Monday, August 9, 2010

Beerakaya (Ridge gourd curry)

Off late I’ve been very busy with several things at home. I didn’t have time even to open my blog. But I felt I was missing something if I don’t blog. So decided to return back to blogging no matter how busy I am.
INGREDIENTS:
Beerakaya: - ½ Kilo (cut into small pieces)
Onion: - 3 medium sized (chopped finely)
Garlic: - 5-6 cloves
(Or)
Ginger: - a medium sized piece (You can use both too)
Kothimeera/Coriander: - 1 bunch
Green chilies: - 3-4 (Can be adjusted according to taste)
Oil: - 1 tablespoon
Salt: - as required
For popu /Tadka/ Seasoning:
Pachisenaga pappu/chana dal: - 1 teaspoon
Minapappu /Urad dal: - 1 teaspoon
Jeera: - ½ teaspoon
Mustard: - ½ teaspoon
METHOD:-
  1. Take a kadai add oil and seasoning in it
  2. Add onions and fry them until they turn light brown
  3. Add ridge gourd pieces and salt.
  4. Mix it well and allow ridge gourd pieces to cook
  5. Meanwhile grind garlic cloves/ginger, coriander and green chillies together.
  6. When ridge gourd is cooked add ground mixture of garlic-coriander-green chillies.
  7. Simmer it for few minutes and have it with roti /rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment