leaderboardad

Monday, January 25, 2010

Vankaya tomato (Brinjal Tomato Curry)


I used to play lots of PC games before. I love playing AOC. I even used to sketch sometimes when I found something interesting. Job and all kept me busy after my btech and I could'nt do much of the above mentined things. Marriage gave me new hobby to pursue. Cooking !! :). Though I cooked before marriage when I stayed with friends ,It became my recent passion. My passion for sketching is kept aside for a moment. I ve been trying many reciepes reading from various blogs written by wonderful women all around the world. :). It excites me whenever Hubby dear praises....”its awesome !!!”. Somehow gives me inspiration to cook even more better and get frequent praises.So I decided to post any recipe which results out to be good taste and has been certified awesome by Hubby Dear :). So here goes my recipe
INGREDIENTS :-
Vanakaya( brinjals)- ½ kg( tender ones taste the best)
Tomatoes :-3-4 large
Chillies :- 4-5( Can be adjusted according to taste)
Allam ( Ginger) :- 1'' piece ( 1 inch piece)
Kothimeera( Coriander Leaves/Cilantro) :- a bunch
Matar( Green peas) :- A cup
Jeedipappu ( Cashew nuts):- 10-12
Oil :- a cup
Salt:- according to taste
Turmeric :- a pinch
For Popu( Tadka/Seasoning)
Jeelakarra (Cumin Seeds) :- 1 tea spoon
Aavalu (Mustard Seeds):-1/2 teaspoon
Senaga pappu(Bengal gram) :- 1 teaspoon
Minapappu(Black gram)-1 teaspoon
METHOD :-
  1. Cut the tomatoes and keep them aside.

  2. Cut the brinjals into small pieces and keep them aside in a container of salt water to prevent them from browning..

  3. Grind the Chillies,Ginger ,Cilantro into a paste( Do not add water).

  4. In a fry pan ,heat the oil, Allow mustard seeds,cumin seeds, bengal gram,black gram to sizzle.

  5. Now add Cashew nuts and allow them to fry till they are light brown

  6. Now add the ground mixture of ginger-coriander-chillies cook till it looses the raw smell.

  7. Now add the brinjals , matar ,turmeric and add some salt and cook on closed lid till they are half cooked.

  8. Now add the chopped tomatoes and close the lid and cook for 10 more minutes till tomatoes,brinjals and matar are cooked completely.

  9. Adjust salt at the end if needed.( I did not have to do that ….hubby prefers less salt).

  10. Just dress them with some more cashwes or cilantro to make it look awesome. :)

  11. Serve hot. Have it with rice or roti :)



No comments:

Post a Comment