leaderboardad

Monday, January 25, 2010

Garlic Bread (Without Oven)



Aadi is very much fond of garlic bread.  I too am !!. But I prefer pasta to garlic bread. We always got it from either Domino's or Pizza hut.  I being highly health conscious, I say a BIG no-no for frequent visits to Domino's and pizza hut.  To satisfy my Hubby Dear’s penchant thirst for garlic bread, I decided to make it at home in a healthy way  .  Unfortunately we did not have oven by that time. I was yet to buy it. So I decided “lets do without oven.”  So here is the recipe.  People have the full freedom to correct/alter this recipe.  Waiting for the feedback anyways! 
INGREDIENTS:-
Bread:  -5-6 slices( preferably whole wheat bread/ brown bread, or pav. Avoid milk breads.  They are sweet in taste).
Garlic pods:-9-10
Oregano:  - 1-2 sachets ( I got them from super market. Or you can use the left over sachets from domino's or pizza hut).
Black pepper:- a pinch
Cilantro/kothimeera/Coriander:-half bunch
Butter:  - 3 tablespoons (I used Nutralite butter just 1.5 tablespoons)
Olive oil (optional):- 1 tablespoon (Since I used 1.5 table spoons butter, I used olive oil).
Cheese:  - 1 tablespoon (Again I used Nutralite)
METHOD:-
  1. In a grinder, grind garlic pods, Coriander, pepper and oregano to make smooth mixture.

  2. Heat one teaspoon butter till it melts (be careful not to burn the container) .  Add olive oil to it and add cheese too to make liquid kind of mixture.

  3. Add the ground garlic-Cilantro-pepper-oregano mixture to the melted liquid and mix them until they are mixed properly.

  4. Take the slices. Apply the mixture on both the sides.

  5. Arrange them on nonstick pan.  Roast them on both sides.

  6. Sprinkle oregano or pepper or mozzarella cheese or pieces of olive  or cheese   according to your taste.  It tastes better with pasta.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Nice..

    I'll make my mom (for I am not yet married :P) read this!!

    Vivek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely link my blog to yours!! :)

    Vivek.

    ReplyDelete