leaderboardad

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bachala Kura pappu/Celon Spinach Dal


This is the dal I love among all the green leafy vegetables. The taste is different when compared to palak or totakuura. During childhood days I used to plead my mom to make this everyday.. :) . 
Now that I got freedom to cook my own recipes..I make sure this is made at-least once a week :)...(poor my hubby...I don't even know if he likes it as much as I like it)  . In the above pic I made with kandi pappu
INGREDIENTS
Ceylon spinach/Bachala kuura :- 2 bunches (washed well and chopped)
Garlic pods :- 3-4
Kandi Pappu/Pesara pappu :- 2 cups
Tomatoes :- 1 big/2 small ( chopped finely)
Onions :- 1 big (finely chopped)
Green chilies:- 1-2( optional)
Oil :- 1 tablespoon
Salt :- As required
For popu/tadka/seasoning:
Urad dal/Minapappu :- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds/jeera :- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds/Avalu :- 1 teaspoon
2 dry Red Chillies:- 2-3
Curry leaves :- few
Hing/Inguva :- a pinch
METHOD :-
  1. Pressure cook kandi pappu ,Bachala kura, crushed garlic pods together until soft
  2. In a tadka pan heat oil and add all the seasoning and allow them to splutter
  3. Add chopped onions and tomatoes and sauté until they are cooked
  4. Mix this with pressure cooked moong dal-bachala kura and adjust salt
  5. Have it with rice/roti

1 comment:

  1. Hai..

    Hope u remember me.. :)

    Pls, put up things that you can cook in microwave.. and easy ones, yet delicious.. I need it badly.. :)

    Vivek.

    ReplyDelete